SA Payroll Guide - Before You Can Begin Working

Before you can actually work for any campus department, you must complete a number of forms and procedures with the human resources department prior to working any hours. This is to insure you are eligible to work as a student at Cal Poly Humboldt. If you don't do this first, you may not work any hours. To make sure your pay is in order, here is what to do.

  1. Review the "pre-employment" Forms and Identification Requirements Before You Submit to the Human Resources Department

Three forms must be completed and submitted in person to the human resources department. They are the Employment Eligibility Verification (I-9) form, CSU Form SSA-1945, and the CSU Student Payroll Action Request (SPAR).

Each form has specific instructions on which identification you may need. Make sure you visit the Human Resources link for "Student Employee Forms" to understand the identification you will need to bring when you submit each of the forms. Also review the links for the "New Student Wage Schedule" and the "notice regarding SPAR forms."

To go directly to the Student "Pre-Employment" Forms, click here.